Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more
If you're a pastor or pastoral team who wants to bring a discipleship culture to your church using the pursueGOD resources, you'll have to buy in to the system as a team.
- Creating a true culture of discipleship requires a clear and simple system for disciple-making. 2 Timothy 2:2
- The PG system uses a simple 3-step “FLEX” method:
- Find a topic from our library.
- Learn about it through a short video.
- Explore it together in conversation.
- The three phases of disciple-making are inviting, investing, and empowering (see Training 101 for more).
2 Timothy 2:2 You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others.
See Also: Discipleship Culture
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Have you ever seen a discipleship culture at work in a church or ministry? If so, describe how the system worked.
- Name one or two people you know who are good at making disciples. How do they do it? Where did they learn to do it? What is their motivation? Are they the “norm” in your church?
- How would the average attender at your church answer the question, “How do people make disciples around here?”
- Are you willing to buy in to the system at pursueGOD.org? What are the things you’re most excited about? What are the things you’re most hesitant about? Make a list.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Pastoring 101 series.