Watch the video above and talk about it with your group or mentor. Learn more.
Helpful tips for how to stay in the game longer as a small group leader.
- Give away responsibilities.
- Pray daily for group members.
- Use your co-leaders.
- Don’t hose the meeting at your home every time.
- Don’t try to be the group’s resident theologian.
- Take turns leading the Bible study conversation.
- Plan ahead.
- Ask your coach for help.
Leading a small group isn’t always easy, but it is rewarding and impactful.
See Also: Discipleship Culture
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- How you would define “burnout”? What are some signs that a small group leader is feeling burned out?
- What is the most helpful solution in this list? Explain.
- What other suggestions would you make that aren’t on the list? Explain.
- What are some factors that make it hard to let group members shoulder more responsibility? Explain.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.