Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Christian churches have always benefitted from sound, biblical preaching. But in the information age, we need to change our strategy for sharing the truth.
- The early church: Truth is revealed.
- The dark ages: Truth is hidden.
- The Reformation: Truth is rediscovered.
- The Information Age: Everyone is a preacher.
2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching.
See Also: Preaching
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Read Acts 2:14-36. What were the basic elements of Peter’s first sermon? Have those basic truths changed? Explain.
- On a scale of 1-10, how difficult was it to hear the gospel in the Dark Ages? What about in the Reformation era? What about today? Defend your answer.
- What kinds of myths does a secular worldview “preach” today? Make a list.
- “Preachers must eliminate the distance from the pulpit to the pew.” Explain this idea. What are some practical ways to do it?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.