If you’re preparing to explore a topic with your small group, try these eight simple tips:
- Pick a relevant topic. Choose one that your group is interested in.
- Send a reminder. Do it by text or email, long before you meet as a group.
- Be excited. Remember that you set the tone for your group as a leader.
- You share first. Share one of the videos you picked from the video playlist.
- Let others share. The topic conversation will naturally open up.
- Get to Step 2. Those are the discussion questions on the topic guide.
- Get to Step 3. That’s the takeaway at the end of the discussion.
- Be excited. That’s what will get your group interested in joining you again next week.
Matthew 28:18-19 Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. 19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations,[b] baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Describe a time when your group was disengaged. How did you approach the situation?
- Which of these tips is the hardest for you? The easiest?
- What other tips would you add to this list in order to keep your group engaged on a topic?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.