Leading a small group isn’t too difficult, but you do need to know these 7 things:
- Know who Jesus is. That’s what this is all about, right?
- Know your team. These are the people who will help you and give you accountability: your pastor, coach, and co-leaders.
- Know the win. Do you know the goal of your small group in terms of the 3 small group principles.
- Know the ground rules. Be sure everyone is clear about not making your group experience awkward or ineffective. Share those ground rules with your group.
- Know your group. Clue in to who’s coming and what they need, so you can share the right truth at the right time.
- Know the resources. Be sure you know how the library works at pursueGOD.org so you can help others.
- Know your timeline. How long will you meet, and will you take any breaks?
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Who is on your team to help you lead your group?
- What is the “win” for your group? How can you measure whether you’re winning?
- Talk about the small group ground rules. How will you communicate these rules to your group?
- Who is currently in your group? Who do you hope will join someday?
- How long do you think you’ll meet as a group? What’s your long-term vision?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.