There are a lot of conversations and series on PursueGOD, so it can be difficult to find just the right topic to discuss. First of all, it is important to know how PursueGOD and it’s resources work. Become familiar with the topics you can find on the website and then find the right topic.
- Pick a conversation based on what your group needs to hear. As a group leader or mentor you should be aware of what is going on in the lives of the people you are mentoring. Based on this you should be able to pick a topic that will be applicable in their lives.
- Invite someone else to pick the topic. The members of your group or those you are mentoring should be familiar and aware of what resources are available. Those you are mentoring will be able to feel more involved in the mentoring relationship and will be able to choose the topics you may not have thought of.
- Be ready with a Plan B. Sometimes the conversation topics you choose don’t always spark conversation. The easiest way to move on to a different conversation is to use related resources within the article to find something a little more applicable to the group.
Once you are ready to use the FLEX method in your mentoring relationships use these three tips to help you choose a meaningful topic. Be aware of what topics are available and what the members of your group would find meaningful and applicable in their own lives. Conversations like these are the greatest way to create a discipleship culture within your church.
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- What’s the best conversation you’ve had with your group or mentor? What made it good?
- List the 3 tips in the video. Which one(s) have you tried? Which one(s) will you try? Discuss.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.