If you want to create a church of disciples who make disciples, it'll take more than wishful thinking. You'll need prayer, expectation, and strategy.
- Start with prayer. When we pray, we confess our dependence on God for his work to happen in his way. Acts 4:29
- Go out with expectation. The early church expected miracles as they went out, and we need to raise the bar as we ask our people to go out with boldness. Acts 4:30
- Clarify the strategy. If we don’t equip our people with a clear strategy for making disciples, it simply won’t happen. Ephesians 4:11-12, 2 Timothy 2:2
Talk About It
- What jumped out at you in this topic?
- Read Acts 4:29. What did the disciples pray for? When is the last time you prayed for that for yourself or your church?
- Make a list of expectations you have for your faithful church attenders. Are they aware of those expectations? Is disciple-making on the list?
- In your own words, articulate the strategy of pursueGOD disciple-making (click on “Learn How” at pursueGOD.org for help). How would you clarify this strategy for your church’s Partner Page?
- Read 2 Timothy 2:2. Paint a picture of generational disciple-making at your church. How do families fit in? What about small groups? Individuals?
- What questions would your faithful church attenders have about making disciples?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
Find this topic in Partners.