Watch the video above and talk about it with your group or mentor. Learn more
We cannot truly and fully live out the commands of the New Testament without developing Christian community. Christian community is not just about being “trendy” or being “on the cutting edge.” It’s about living out the NT’s vision of God’s people.
- #1 Be Jesus-centered.
- #2 Serve others.
- #3 Be consistent.
Romans 12:10 Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.
See Also: Discipleship Culture
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Why should the ultimate focus of a small group/community group be on Jesus Christ? Explain.
- “Focusing on Jesus will naturally make you focus on serving others.” Explain why you agree or disagree with this statement. Provide examples.
- Read Romans 12:10. When attending a small group or getting involved at church, what has been your motivation: serving, or taking? What has this looked like practically? Explain.
- Do you consistently attend small group or mentoring sessions? Do you consistently attend church? Explain why or why not.
- Why is it important to be consistent in our Christian relationships? What does it look like practically to be consistent?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This topic is adapted from the Joseph Solomon YouTube channel.